I’m stuffed full of fresh and juicy snacks from this weekend’s Health, Wealth and Happiness Event (East Midlands Conference Centre).
This ground breaking event is the vision child of Susan Brookes Morris (Positive Events) who I admire for being bold enough to get this event off the ground and help others improve their mental, emotional and physical health and wellbeing.
International speakers zoomed over to the stunning Nottinghamshire location to share their messages. “The Wealth Chef” Ann Wilson, en route for South Africa: Rachel Elnaugh of Dragon’s Den fame and Radio 2’s Janey Lee Grace were key note speakers, and with the support and sponsorship of Psychologies magazine, the event broke new ground in the East Midlands.
And now I’m back home, watching the snow flakes drifting in the field, drinking tea from my favourite mug and reflecting on the value of what I learned.
So I’ve dug in to the banquet of wisdom to share the recipes from those who have walked the path. And guess what? It’s as much about what you don’t do as it is what you do ‘do’!
Here are the top 5 ways that you will definitely block your route to the mental and emotional, health, wealth and happiness that is available to you.
Practice these regularly and you will soon strangle any chance of experiencing them.
RECIPE FOR LACK, LIMITATION and LOW SELF ESTEEM
1. Ignore your desires, your needs and your true feelings.
2. Make sure that you don’t do the things that will change your life.
3. Keep thoughts in your mind that remind you how impossible it is for you to have what’s good for you, to and keep repeating them.
4. Hang out with people, absorb media and talk often about how it’s just not possible to change your job/relationship/life because…..
5. Say “yes” regularly, to doing and experiencing things that won’t take you in the direction of health, wealth and happiness.
The good news is that ALL of the 5 ‘stranglers’ are reversible.
Yes, they are! You just need a little know-how and a lot of determination. I’ll tell you how, next blog.